Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bikers, Bullets, and Babes - One Year On

A year ago, I wrote this post, "Bikers, Bullets, and Babes." You can read it here. I had just ventured back into the world of dating. A friend encouraged me to try online dating and it was really something. (Thanks, Jen!)

The same butterflies and nerves that I had when I was younger and meeting new guys were surprisingly still there. I have to say that middle-age dates are a lot more fun and interesting. People in the midst of life have stories to tell and it is much easier to carry on a conversation.

Updating the "Bikers, Bullets, and Babes" list of online dating do's and don'ts for men now include their special name they come up with. Any personal identifying information is discouraged for personal safety reasons, so one designs an alias.

Some of them give you a hint as to what they like to do or what they do for a living, such as

  • IowaFarmBoy
  • DeereMan1960
  • harleydood
  • IAoutdoorsman61
  • fishngamer

Some are romantic,


  • amallyours
  • luvlornindsm
  • RU4Me
  • AmI4U
  • hugger1967
  • cupidsentme4u
Some are kinda, eeuw and I'll just let your imagination run because you cannot think up anything they haven't already. Believe me.

And then there's the men who are comfortable where they are in their life, which I noticed, tended to be the ones I gravitated towards. Especially the man who put his political view in his alias. What a great man, even if our views differed on some topics, he is fascinating. 
  • partnerinfun
  • glassallfull
  • zippy1960
  • baldovr50
  • agr8guyinIA
  • bravenewworld
In the course of a year, I met some interesting men. And some who have become wonderful friends who have taught me a great deal and have truly brought me back to life. I've ended my time with online dating because it just isn't where I want to be anymore. Time to move on to new things I haven't done and want to try. 

This week I told my kids that when they leave home I think I'll get a motorcycle. 
*eyebrows raise* *crickets*




No comments: