Sunday, February 12, 2012

The hiatus

Goodness. It's been awhile since I've checked in here...
Nothing especially exciting to keep me away. I can't say I've spent January in Provence or stashed away writing The Great American Novel. No, just everyday life and lots of it. I wouldn't have it any other way.
The view from the porch tonight is dark.
Ok, bad joke.
Somewhat snow-covered ... and dark. I've missed a good roaring snowstorm this winter. What little snow we've had, my dear neighbor men have done a quick and tidy job of removing it for me. They will each have home-baked chocolate chip cookies wrapped in cellophane bags and tied with a red ribbon from me on Tuesday. They all keep watch for me and mine.
Had a lot of time in the car this weekend. My children are conditioned to fall asleep for the first hour of any car trip. Lots of quiet time. It was a beautiful day to drive the two lane highways of southwest Iowa, weaving my way to the interstate. There's more snow there as they had a rip-roaring good storm last weekend. Today the sky was crystal blue and the snow was so white and clean, it was blinding. Just lovely. Peaceful.
I'm totally enthralled with my children these days and the ride that we are all on together. The weekend has been so good. We are back home and tired from our whirlwind trip to Omaha and Red Oak, but strangely rested and restored with homemade chocolate cake and lasagna.
Life is good.

No comments: