Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Midlife? WTH?

Today's view from the porch is a number. I can see 47 from here.

I'm not terribly hung up on my age. I know all that stuff about age doesn't matter... In fact, I spend at least an hour every Monday morning with a room full of people who pat me on the head and smile when I mention my age because they tell me I am just a young thing. As long as I work with the senior ed program, I will always feel young.

Mostly because they show me what aging is supposed to be. Engaged. Learning. Slow down if need be, but do not stop.

So, squarely in midlife, I find myself with some interesting options. Options that have never crossed my mind...what is next for me?

While I once thought I had some notions about what I might like to do "when I grow up," there are all kinds of things coming at me. It is thrilling and terrifying all at the same time.

I wonder what comes next?




No comments: